Website City of Selkirk
Probation Rate: $ 28.61
Regular Rate: $30.12
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Employment Type: Permanent
Located 20 minutes from Winnipeg, Selkirk is a vibrant small city with a hometown feel. Our close-knit community loves to celebrate, learn and explore in the company of good neighbours. All through the year, there are many opportunities to enjoy local talent, learn about our past and seek out new interests.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Buildings and Fleet Mechanic II is responsible for servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs for all small equipment, vehicles and heavy equipment up to 8900kg for the Corporation including the Operations Department, Selkirk Transit and Fire Department.
· Schedule and perform servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs for all small equipment, vehicles and heavy equipment up to 8900 kg for the Corporation including Selkirk Transit and the Fire Department.
· Complete vehicle safety inspections up to 4500 gvwr under the Manitoba Provincial Vehicle Inspection Program.
· Ensure that all necessary records of servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs are updated on a regular basis.
· Ensure an inventory of regularly used parts for equipment and vehicles is maintained.
· Provide necessary information for reports and recommendations to the Manager of Buildings and Fleet for extensive repairs required by vehicles and equipment.
· Contact outside repair companies for price quotes on work that cannot be handled internally by the Division.
· Purchase parts and supplies for vehicle and equipment maintenance purposes under the direction of the Manager of Buildings and Fleet
3. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
1. Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
Minimum qualifications shall include:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Journeyman Mechanic’s Certificate (Light duty Red Seal Mechanic)
· Certified to carry out Provincial Vehicle Inspections up to 4500 gvwr
· Possession of a Valid Class 3 Manitoba Driver’s Licence with air brake endorsement.
· Ability to use electric and gas welding and cutting equipment.
· Ability to operate heavy equipment as well as other designated equipment.
· Ability to maintain records and establish a preventative maintenance schedule.
· Must be familiar with hydraulic systems, electronic diagnostics and computerized systems.
· Must have strong trouble shootings skills for equipment and vehicles.
· Must be familiar with fuel injection systems and electronic controls.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. This includes the ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment, with a minimum of supervision.
· Must be physically able to perform all the laboring aspects or other duties associated with the position.
Visit our website https://www.myselkirk.ca/ to apply online via our Career Connecter website. Applicants will need to create a profile and submit an application for consideration.
This unionized position is open to all applicants. Preference will be given to established (as outlined in the Collective Agreement) members of CUPE Local 336. Applications will be accepted until filled.
The City of Selkirk is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing an inclusive work environment. Applicants who require accommodation during the hiring process are encouraged to contact the City’s Human Resources Division.
Thank you to all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: Employees will be required to adhere to the City’s Vaccination Policy.
To apply for this job please visit www.myselkirk.ca.