Website RM of Dauphin
Rural Municipality of Dauphin – Employment Opportunity – Finance Manager
Are you seeking not just a job, but a vibrant community to call home? Look no further than Dauphin, where opportunity meets the tranquility of small-town living. Nestled in the heart of the Parkland, Dauphin offers an unparalleled quality of life that harmonizes career growth with a relaxed pace and natural beauty.
Imagine living in a place where you can enjoy a morning hike in the breathtaking Riding Mountain National Park, only to seamlessly transition to a rewarding day at work in a dynamic and supportive professional environment. In Dauphin, work-life balance isn’t just a catchphrase – it’s a way of life.
Beyond its picturesque landscapes and outdoor adventures, Dauphin boasts a rich tapestry of cultural events, community festivals, and recreational activities that cater to diverse interests and passions. Dauphin truly has something for everyone.
The RM of Dauphin has an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our team as the Finance Manager. As a member of the finance team, you will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of the Municipality’s financial records. You will use analytical and problem-solving skills to help create and implement strong financial processes and internal controls. You will also provide reports and financial assistance to the Chief Administrative Officer and supervise the Municipal Clerk in the execution of their finance duties. If you are highly motivated and ready to take the next step in your career, you are probably a great candidate for our team!
We work in an exciting, fast paced environment and the successful candidate will possess the following: (detailed job description available from the municipal office)
· Extensive knowledge of accounting transactions, reports, and financial statement preparation.
· Strong ability to analyze and interpret financial reports and identify areas of improvement.
· Ability to communicate respectfully and in an approachable, friendly manner.
· Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Excel.
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
· Well-developed problem-solving skills and enjoys working through complex situations to identify the appropriate course of action.
· Be flexible and thrive in a dynamic setting.
· Experience in a senior accounting role, municipal experience and/or relevant education will be considered an asset.
This is a full-time, non-unionized position, consisting of 35 hours per week. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a defined benefit pension program, paid sick and bereavement leave, and a health and dental plan. We offer a competitive wage range of $30.00 – $41.00 per hour, negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
This position is available immediately. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, wage expectation and a minimum of three professional references to:
Nicole Chychota, CPA, CMMA
Chief Administrative Officer
The Rural Municipality of Dauphin
P.O. Box 574
Phone: (204) 638-4531
Fax: (204) 638-7598
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com