Website RM Rosedale
FULL TIME PUBLIC WORKS FOREMAN
The R.M. of Rosedale is seeking a highly motivated individual with excellent leadership skills for the position of Public Works Foreman. The RM of Rosedale is an agriculturally based municipality situated in western Manitoba encompassing approximately 300sq. miles and includes seven urban communities. A detailed job description including function and responsibilities as well as the skills and abilities is available to applicants upon request.
· Experience managing and supervising staff (3 permanent, 3-5 seasonal/casual and 3 landfill employees
· Experience operating, maintaining and repair of equipment such as (graders, trucks, trailers, tractors, riding mowers & small engines
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, GIS/GPS equipment and programs with the ability to learn new technology
· Hold a current class 1 driver’s license
· Experience with Client Service and Public Relations
· Basic understanding of budgeting processes
· Physically capable to perform duties as assigned
Preference will be given to those candidates that possess the following:
Minimum 3-5 years of Management Experience (Municipal Environment)
Post-secondary education in construction, business management or civil engineering or relevant experience
Water Treatment 1 Certification
Knowledge in predictive maintenance programs and conditions monitoring Asset Management programs is desirable.
Additional training or safety certificates (such as COR certification) would be an asset.
Experience working in a public works environment or equivalent working experience.
This is a permanent, full-time management opportunity with duties performed in office and at various outdoor locations within the RM or Rosedale. Wage will be in accordance with the collective agreement. An attractive benefit package is available including a municipal employee’s pension plan. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume clearly indicating how you meet the above qualifications.
Rural Municipality of Rosedale
Neepawa, Manitoba R0J 1H0
Phone: 204-476-5414 or Fax – 204-476-5431
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org